Monday, August 15, 2011

What's a Rainbow?

According to Wikipedia:
"A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines on to droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. It takes the form of a multicoloured arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun."

Remember Roy G. Biv? Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet...all the colors of the rainbow.

God has many colors. I see God when I see a rainbow. Rainbows make me happy and childlike.

Last week, I was thinking of something that made me sad...I was sitting in my car at a shopping plaza getting ready to head to bible study. It had just rained. I looked up in the sky for some reason and saw a rainbow. I knew then that He was with me and my sadness disapeared. Jesus said for us to have childlike hearts.
   
And he said,"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children you will never   enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3 NIV

I guess its good that I become childlike again when I see a rainbow. It lets me see Him and know Him as I need too because without Him, I cannot face this life on Earth and will not see Him in his kingdom.

What do you see when you see a rainbow? When do you know He is with you?



1 comment:

  1. Rainbows are a beautiful reminder that God will never leave us and he will always be here for us, even in the little storms in our lives :)

    ReplyDelete