Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A few things I learned...

Okay I know it's been a while. I just didn't know what I wanted to write about. I have been saying for a while that I wanted to share with you some things that I learn from the talk shows that I watch. Actually, I watch some doctor talk shows. My favorite is Dr. Oz. I learn so much from him. I first saw him on Oprah and then read his first book called "You on a Diet". He has a lot of these "You" books.

Anyway, I wanted to share some things that I learned from Dr. Oz

1. If you put antiperspirant around the areas on your foot where a shoe rubs, it helps to stop a blister. It keeps the area dry and blisters form when the skin gets moist and rubs against something.
2. Pineapple is good a fighting fatigue. It has vitamin c in it and vitamin c is a good source to help fight fatigue.
3. Ginger is an anti-inflammatory and is good for your kidneys.
4. Blueberries are excellent for your brain, kidney and liver.

I watch a lot of talk shows when I'm working from home. I have the TV on in the background for noise. I do like to write down anything I hear about health and money matters. Here are other things I've learned from the various shows to include (The Doctor's, Good Morning America, The Today Show, The Rachel Ray Show, Oprah, etc).

1. Use local honey. It will help you build up a tolerance to local flowers and pollen on your area of you have seasonal allergies.
2. Never use your debit card online, in hotels, gas stations, restaurants, or newer merchants. I guess these places are too vulnerable for scammers or those skimmers they talk about on the news.

Okay, I'll post more information to share as I learn it. Stay tunned.

No comments:

Post a Comment