During his one cd where it was all about debt and how to pay it off, he suggested to sell something. Have that garage sale or put things up on eBay. He said to sell so much stuff that you think your kids are for sale. Now I thought that was pretty funny. I do have a warped sense of humor sometimes. Anyway, I don't have kids but I'm going to have another yard sale this year (had two last year) and my landlords will probably think I'm moving out. It's funny because this year I have more than last year and I really didn't save anything from last year except the books and maybe a few other things. How did I get so much more stuff in a year? Well, I think half of it is stuff that I didn't want to part with last year. I even took things to my friend Danielle's families garage sale 2 years ago. I don't get it. I think I have a shopping addiction. I've gotten better this year. I have not bought anything besides groceries and a summer shirt after listening to Dave Ramsey.
I have decided to have an open house type sale for my friends and family before my yard sale to see if I can get rid of some stuff before lugging it all outside. Sales are a lot of work. I have everything to sell...clothes, blazers, leather jacket, books, candles and candle holders, lots of picture frames, mugs and wine glasses, some dvd's, dvd player, misc. I think everything is going to be priced to sell cheep. I already sold my 20 in. tv. Thanks Rainey! Here are some of my bigger items:
Swivel Retro Chair selling for $10. Hardly used.
Solid oak end table selling it for $20
Vanity chair selling for $2. (I was going to spray paint and recover but never got to it)
Media Shelf from Pier One selling for $10.
Shelf from Ikea practically new. (Rainey can tell you she helped me get it.)Selling it for $20.
Oh yeah there is the dvd player on the above shelf and I'm also selling those little signs on top. I'm going to post some more pics of a few other things I'm selling like a bistro set and my pedal bike. (sorry Jenn...I know you lugged that thing out here and I bought it from you guys but I rode it like 3 or 4 times and each time my butt hurt so bad. I would rather run than ride a bike and my butt hurt. Plus I fell off of it already. I'm just not graceful on a bike.) I'm selling the bike for $15, the bistro for $6 and dvd player for $6.
I'm inviting all over to my place on Saturday June 5th from 10:30-3:00. If you see something that you like and can't make it let me know and I will hold it for you. I will have some drinks and snacks.
Happy bargin hunting...Dave Ramesy says that is a good way to buy the things you need.
I might be interested in the bike depending on what kind it is and the condition. (I'm assuming it's not stationary since you fell off haha??) :) Post a pic.
ReplyDeleteHAHA!Okie dokie...yeah not stationary. It's in really good condition. My friend hardly used it either. I will post a pic probably tomorrow.
ReplyDelete