Non stop...on the treadmill today...jogging...Yay! I've never done that before. My zumba instructor wasn't there today so I figured I would jog.
I haven't jogged in a week or so and I was only going 7 minutes non stop then. I don't know what it was...my body kicked into overdrive. Then after I walked for 10 minutes I jogged another 5. At that point I could feel my body shutting down. Breathing was good...it was my legs, feet and knees. I'm probably going to pay for it tomorrow when I can't get out of bed but no pain, no gain, right?
I feel pretty good. I need to keep this up. I realized I had set a goal out for myself when I started my weight loss journey. I wanted to run (which will be a jog for me) a 5k race when I was 35. Since my birthday is close to Thanksgiving, I figured it would have to be in the springtime or summer. I can't run on the cold... I blame that on weather induced and sometimes exercise induced Asthma. I've never been diagnosed with it but I will wheeze sometimes. I blame everything on allergies.
Anyway, I realized that I will be turning 34 soon. I started to panic. I only had probably a year an a half to train for a 5k. I think that's 3.2 miles. Well, I've ran .65 miles non stop today. So it's a start. Wish me luck.
Yay!
Good for you! If I can do it, you certainly can! And a 5K is 3.1 miles. Maybe we can run together in the spring? Or at least in the same race.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yeah we can do that in the spring. Would be fun.
ReplyDelete