I've decided that in order to get myself into better shape, I better step up with how much I exercise. I want to be able to run a 5k someday and I need to lose more weight to make running easier on my body. Right now, it can't handle alot. I decided to start working out on the mornings I work from home which is two days a week. I take classes/workout on exercise equiptment at my gym 2 nights a week for 1-2 hours and on Saturday mornings for 1-2 hours. I decided that for the evenings I don't make it to the gym which is usually the other 4 days, two of the evenings or maybe on a Sunday morning before chuch, I'm going to do my Yoga Video. Tonight was my first yoga "class".
I love my purple yoga mat. I've had this video for over a year or so and have not touched it much so I'm not that good. I can only do level 1. My lower body strength is so much better then my upper body so I have more problems with those movements. My favorite is the warrior 3 pose.
Warrior 3 Yoga Pose. It's amazing how much sweat you create with just holding a difficult pose or even slight movements in the pose.
This is what I'll be working out to tomorrow morning. Yes, you sweat! I'm up to the 2 mile walk which is 30 minutes. If I get up too late, then I'll do the 1 mile walk. You still sweat and it's about 20 minutes. It's more then just walking in place.
Miles 3 and 4 will be purchased soon.
Happy Exercising! It's great for your mind, body and soul!
I love my purple yoga mat. I've had this video for over a year or so and have not touched it much so I'm not that good. I can only do level 1. My lower body strength is so much better then my upper body so I have more problems with those movements. My favorite is the warrior 3 pose.
This is what I'll be working out to tomorrow morning. Yes, you sweat! I'm up to the 2 mile walk which is 30 minutes. If I get up too late, then I'll do the 1 mile walk. You still sweat and it's about 20 minutes. It's more then just walking in place.
Miles 3 and 4 will be purchased soon.
Happy Exercising! It's great for your mind, body and soul!
Hey Kimmie, I love Bob Harpers "weight loss yoga" dvd. It is awesome :) give it a try!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Another friend also recommended Leslie Sansone DVD's. I'll have to check her out. I've only tried the relaxing, meditative kind of yoga once at the preschooler's group I used to go to. We had someone from the Yuma Room come in and show us some moves. I'll have to try it some more. I could use some help with my balance. :)
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work!
Keep up the good work, Kimmie. You'll be running a 5K with Jodie before you know it!
ReplyDeleteI have Jillian's yoga coming in the mail... along with a few more of her videos. Yesterday Extreme Shed and Shred showed up. I'll be doing that this morning.
ReplyDeleteOh Kim, I admire you wanting to do a 5K. I am not much of a runner and I do not think I would be able to meet that task. You and Jodie need to get Holly running so all of you sisters can do a 5K together! Come on Holly, you know you want to :)
ReplyDelete