My new workout shoes. I just couldn't take my other ones. They were hurting my feet which was making my whole body hurt.
I just love this tag on the box they came in. Does running make you happy? It kind of does for me.
I've also decided to try out some new ways to help lose weight and get healthy. This week I started to work out in the mornings before my work day at home. I work from home 2 days a week so I figured this will be two extra workouts a week for me. I have a couple video's I can choose from.
And my diet is changing too. I started this week with "meatless mondays". That's right. No meat on Mondays. What's funny is that, while I was working I turned on the TV to listen the "The Chew" at 1pm on ABC and their show was titled "Meatless Mondays". They did meatless recipes. How ironic! It's not hard if you like beans, eggs, legumes, soy or other sources of protein like oatmeal, rice or quinoa. The experts say that we need to limit our intake of meats that come from 4 legged animals. Oh but how it tastes so good. I actually did pretty well...though I went on a baked chip binge in the afternoon...I blame PMS. Here's what I ate.
For breakfast I made some old fashioned oatmeal. Then I cut up an apple, cooked it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes added it to the oatmeal and topped with cinnamon (which helps make things sweeter and good for your circulatory system) and some plain Almond milk.
For lunch it was a pumpkin pie smoothie (Thank you Laura!). I love this and a great way to get pumpkin that isn't in the shape of a pie or bread as pumpkin is very good for you. I use 1/2 banana, 1/3 cup canned pumpkin, 5 ice cubes, couple dashes of pumpkin pie spice, a drop of vanilla extract, about a teaspoon of honey and about 2 cups of plain soy milk. Blend.
For dinner it was a salad made of spinach, red romaine, yellow pepper, black beans and non dairy cheese...it wasn't soy cheese, it's made from tapioca (that's another blog). It's actually better then soy cheese, I think. I have to watch how much dairy I have...it's one of the things that causes me to have headaches which I found out through trial and error. The dressing was some extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinager, salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste.
I had some snacks during the day. Hummus and veggies. Baked chips and salsa, and more baked chips, oh and some more baked chips. I ate most of the bag as they are only filled 1/2 full ( what a rip off by the way). I threw the rest away...so I wouldn't eat anymore. I did have a small piece of chocolate too. Again I blame PMS...hence the salt and chocolate factor because I ate the chips then I got the chocolate. :)
All in all, I'm pretty proud of myself. Can't wait till next Monday.
It sounds like you had a REALLY good Monday! I really have to admire your willpower. Eating healthy and getting in a daily work out can be a struggle for me. Keep up the good work Kim :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your new shoes! So cute!! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome shoes! Yay!
ReplyDeleteLove the new shoes! I need a new pair too. I usually get a new pair when we go Christmas shopping at the Outlets, but we didn't go up this year, so now I need to make a special trip.
ReplyDeleteThat oatmeal looks and sounds yummy! Once I get a microwave, I'll have to try that with the apple. The smoothie and the salad look good too.
How do you like the almond milk? I was thinking of trying it in my smoothies instead of skim.
I love your new shoes too!
ReplyDeleteThe pumpkin smoothie sounds sooooo good. I'll have to try it!
Good job, Kimmie!