It's a new day. A day for reflection. A day for change. A day to pick yourself up off the ground, dust off and, well, try again. Isn't that part of life? Growing and becoming a better version of yourself... because better is possible.
I didn't say perfect. No one can be perfect.
But we should try to be the person God has called us to be. Boy, do I make a lot of mistakes! There are times I want to be angry with God and when I'm angry with God, I tend to hurt those around me. I know God has me on this Earth for a purpose. I have learned a lot about myself over the last few years. I have come to know that I love with an open heart. I love those in my life with all my heart, no matter how much it may hurt. It has been a true test of my faith. It has been a true test of how strong I am (because in those moments of hurt, I feel so weak). My friend, Ralph, told me once, "Hearts don't break, they bend." Yes I agree and sometimes they are never the same. But I do believe they break and only God's grace and love can put them back together again. Make us whole. Maybe it's not others that break our hearts. Maybe it's us that break our own hearts.
Sure we should guard our hearts, but I can't. It's not who I am. My friend, Laura, said to me the other day, "I met you 3 years ago at your book club Christmas party as a guest and you welcomed me into your home with an open heart and it has been a friendship that didn't need time to grow."
Isn't it true...Home is where your heart is? I want everyone to feel like they are at home when they are around me, no matter what setting we are in...a restaurant, outside at a park, at my house, etc. Home is a safe haven, where you can be you and share all your secrets.
If you've read this post, please take a moment to listen to one of my favorite songs. I think of all of those who I love when I hear this song. It's called "Home" by Phillip Phillips. (I just love the folk-like sound it has too. )
"Hold on to me as we go, as we roll down this unfamilar road....just know your not alone, cause I'm gonna make this place your home."
http://youtu.be/OTg1n95--KE
Oooh! Great post Kim!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes... hearts do break.
And yes... you CAN guard your heart. :) The Bible says "above all else guard your heart". It does not say "Above all else guard your heart... unless you love openly and deeply."
You can guard your heart. You will have to pray for wisdom on how to do that but it is possible. :)
Love the song Home!
So just when I decide you aren't blogging anymore and I stop following during my great blog cleanout, you come back! :) Glad to see you again!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great song! Thanks for sharing!
I hope you will share more posts like this - raw, honest.
Better is possible. I think I need to make a sign and hang that on my wall so I can read it every day.