We have been talking about wisdom in my bible study lately and the difference between wisdom and foolishness and how God shows these to us. We are reading "Fight Like a Girl" by Lisa Bevere. It is about embracing the differences between the sexes, stop battling each other and unite. Fighting like a girl implies weakness but as women we are to accept that God has created us in a unique way that actually gives us the greatest strenth. In the chapter called "Fighting with wisdom" it states:
Wise women know what to hold fast to and what to release, while foolish women hold on fast to what will kill them and release what would bring them life...you go as far as your power allows and if nothing changes you have no choice to let it go. You bless it and move on.
My friend Laura at Life Happens always posts something that really gets me thinking. You know, inspires me. Has some wisdom. She has sought God's answers and promises and in doing so, has gained wisdom. I also believe you gain wisdom from life experiences. Because sometimes we make mistakes. Anyhow, where I'm going with this is that Laura posted two things this week that had me thinking just by reading the titles...Reality Check and Servant to All.
The past 5-6 months I have seen some things in me that I need to work on. Admit it, we all have stuff to work on. My mom asked me one time, "what do you have to work on?" I could tell by the tone in her voice she couldn't believe I had issues to work out. I'm a sinner, because of the fall of Eve, and of past hurts, I have issues. So every now and then I need to hear the words or see the words "Reality check". I need to keep myself in check to break bad habits. Some of you have only seen the good. Others, you have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I can be an emotional wreck. I want things to go my way. I have been guilty of pointing the finger when I needed to admit to the blame. I don't always stand by what I say. I'm such a people pleaseer. I hate that. Kim, grow up! (that's going to be another post soon...about growing up).
Laura stated that she likes to serve other and I do to but when it comes to when I've had a man in my life, it would always change for me. I wanted it to be all about me. And alot of times it was but then I would get a dose of reality and see that I never gave anything back to them. Well I did focus on them but now I realize it wasn't what they needed it was what I wanted for them to make things better for me. How did I get this way? Is it just my personality? No, because I'm not always like that.
So I need some wisdom. I think I have some but I need alot more. I need to release past hurts, disappointment, control, selfishness. To seek God's promises. Wisdom makes me think of this prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things that I can and the WISDOM to know that difference.
The prayer goes onto say:
Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time. Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace. Taking as Jesus did this sinful world as it is not as I would have it. Trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to your will so that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
"Trusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will" basically means the same thing as releasing those hurts and frustration or whatever it is you need to let go of so God can release his promises to you.
God give me wisdom to know that difference of when to hold on to things and when to let them go.
Great post Kim!!
ReplyDeleteTrusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will... I think i need to write that down somewhere!
Amen! Love you. :)
ReplyDelete