Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Favorite...




Fruits.
Growing up I was never much of a fruit person. Except maybe strawberries and apples. I didn't like bananas. I do now. But not the ones that are too ripe. Mushy! Those are good for things like banana bread. I put bananas in my smoothies I make for breakfast or lunch. We never had watermelon in the house. My mom could not stand even the smell. I couldn't even have watermelon flavored bubble gum. Oh and I so loved that flavor as a kid and still do. Several years ago after moving to Butler and being around friends who loved watermelon, I started to aquire a taste for it because before I didn't really like it as I never ate it. Now, I love watermelon. It's so refreshing and fills me up.

Another fruit I now love are cherries. I just tried fresh cherries for the first time last year. Yeah! Can you believe it. I thought cherries were gross. All I could think about were the canned cherries you buy for cherry pie. Ick. I never liked cherry pie. But I do believe I would love a fresh cherry pie. YUM! I love all kinds of fruits now. Kiwi, blueberries, you name it.

Hmm...looking at that watermelon makes me want some now. Cherries will have to do as that's what I have in my house now.

4 comments:

  1. I love watermelon too and Larry and I have been eating a seedless one a week. Love those seedless ones! I tried to talk Mom into trying a bite-but she wouldn't have any of it.

    You're such a good girl eating fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have fresh fruit in our house ... pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon. We love it all! I haven't tried cherries in a while. We're going to have to get some again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been eating watermelon all week. :) I LOOOOVE fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quantity which 카지노사이트 is received or the progressive jackpot is the advertised determine in the game

    ReplyDelete