The other day at bible study it was my turn to make snacks. Now, I love to cook and I always make so much but that's okay with me. Not to sound conceited but I love my cooking and I think I'm pretty good at it. I'm noted for my lasagna and chili. I learned from the best...my mom.
I want to get better and I also want to start creating recipes, write them down and make a cookbook. It might take me a while though.
Now back to the cream cheese goodness...my sister Holly created a cute little cookbook from Artscow and gave me a copy. It had a recipe for Tortilla Pinwheels (see here for recipe) that I wanted to try. I made them for bible study and they were a hit. I served them with salsa.
I wanted to take this to another level and try a sweet version of Tortilla Pinwheels. The idea came to me when I was at the grocery store buying the chive and onion cream cheese for the original. When I saw the strawberry cream cheese, I had to try it! I also added a little bit of strawberry preserves that I had. It was a little messy rolling them up and cutting them but the end result was delicious. They were even a bigger hit. I only had 3 left when I got home so I took a picture.
I figured these strawberry ones would be great dipped in chocolate. So the next day, I got out my chocolate sundae syrup and made it fancy.
They didn't last long!
I'm going to try my hand at making other delicious flavors of these. I'll let you know how they turn out.
OH man. I bet they were sooo good in chocolate!
ReplyDeleteYum! Chocolate makes anything taste better! Although those look pretty good without!
ReplyDeleteHey-that's a good idea with the strawberry cream cheese! Sound yummy-I will have to try that sometime. Love you!
ReplyDelete