Friday, August 20, 2010

Homemade bookmarks




My mom made me a bookmark similar to this about 4-5 years ago. I said I was going to try my hand at making one like it someday. Well I finally did. And I made several. Once I got going, I couldn't stop.

They can be a pain to do. You have to get beads that have a hole big enough to get the ribbon through. If you used a sewing needle to thread the ribbon, you still have to get beads with big enough holes because the bigger the eyelet on the sewing needle, the bigger the needle and then you can't get that through some of the beads. I spent probably two hours one day just messing with needles and such. I have beads that I bought and can't use. I guess I'll have to make a necklace now.

Most of the bookmarks were given away to friends. I'm going to make more to give away just haven't found that time yet. Probably this fall. I'm pretty proud of them. I'm not as crafty as some of you out there but I love crafts. Oh and thanks to my mom who let me use some of her beads.

4 comments:

  1. I love my bookmark! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my bookmark tooooo! I use it. :)

    I'm pretty sure they make needles specifically for beading. Might want to look in to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very pretty! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Kimmie! I happen to think you are very crafty. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete