Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cuteness...


As in shoe cuteness! My friends over at Girl Talk are starting a blog hop. Today it's about shoes! Oh I love shoes especially cute ones! I'm sure not as much as some women or maybe some men. ( I had a boyfriend in the past that had more clothes and shoes then I did at the time...hehe. He tried to deny it but eventually he came to realize that I was speaking the truth.) What I don't like are shoes and socks. I'd rather go barefoot then in shoes and socks so I love the time of year when I can go without socks and just wear sandals or flip flops.

Anyway, the above pair is my absolute favorite and they were a bargain. They are a brand name and yes ladies I bought them at a thrift store. Now, I'm not one to buy and wear other people's shoes, but they look brand new. I brought them home and cleaned them with rubbing alcohol and hot soapy water. I absolutely love them. I hardly wear them because I want them to stay nice.

It makes me a bit sad because I probably will have to stay away from those dreaded high heels more often now. I'm having some foot pain and my podiatrist has fit me with custom shoe inserts. Also had to get another shot of cortisone in my foot. Ouch! I have bursitis and plantar fiscitiis. I'm realizing comfort is more important then fashion at this point in my life. I will hunt for the most fashionable and comfortable shoes though. Crocs have some really cute Mary Jane style shoes now and I bought some. Very comfortable!

4 comments:

  1. Those are SUPER cute shoes!!! I always see cute shoes at thrift stores but will never buy them. I have a thing with hating feet. :) I don't know why I even bother looking haha.

    Hope your foot gets better so you can wear those awesome shoes again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cute shoes. I would probably break my neck if I wore them though. Don't do well in high heels. :)

    ReplyDelete