Saturday, August 28, 2010

Everyday Living...

So this morning I woke up with an unbelievable Charley Horse in my leg. Actually in both of my legs, the calves to be exact. Oh boy was it painful. The one was worse than the other. Needless to say, I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to my rice bag to heat up in the microwave as I don't have a heating pad. Guess I need to go buy one. I crawled back into bed...literally crawled and set my legs on top of the rice bag.

Then I cried. I wish I had someone there to help me. I'm not going to call a friend at 6am to come to my aid. So a little after 7am I called my mom. I felt better talking to her. Even at the age of 33, moms always make things better. Sometimes it just sucks to be alone.

My leg still hurts. It took lots of slow walking around my apartment, messaging my leg and heat to get it to feel better. Oh and this is the same leg that has the foot problem. Thank goodness that is getting better.

I made sure I had lots of potassium today for breakfast and lunch. I'm glad I had a banana I had bought yesterday and some french fries in the freezer. I don't eat alot of potatoes and bananas but I'm going to. I don't ever want to feel like this again. Helpless and alone. That's how I felt.

I feel like that often. My married friends have their spouses and/or family close by and my single friends have their family close by. I don't have that. I wish I did. I love my friends dearly but sometimes it just sucks to feel and be alone without family. Sometimes I think about moving home. I can still be close enough to my job. If by the time I'm ready to buy a house and I am still single, I may just buy a house closer to my family. I would definately miss my life in Butler.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I wonder what that was about??? Wish I could have been there for you. You know you are not all that far away-if you are sick and need help call-at least one of use will be right there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete