Saturday, August 14, 2010

Colors

Well I have been pondering changing the name of my blog. The url will still be the same as I'm not sure if I can change that but I want to change the title. I like it but it doesn't really speak to what my blog is about. Sure I write about being single and dating sometimes but I post alot of other things like food creations, crafts, things in my house, things that I like, etc. I have been given other suggestions and I liked them but I didn't think it was a right fit. I needed something that fit my personality. I kept thinking "What are my most favorite things?" I couldn't just come up with 2 or 3. I had a whole list. See I just love it all. Well most of it all. When people ask me what my favorite color is, I have a hard time picking just one. When someone asks what my favorite food is, I can't pick just one or two.

So I thought about a couple things. I thought about how I love colorful things, clothes, jewelry, paint on a wall, etc. I thought about how I love rainbows. I thought about all the colorful fruits and veggies I try to eat on a daily basis for good health. Then I thought color can be used as a metaphor like in the book title What Color is Your Parachute. This is about finding who you are, likes/dislikes and your abilities that will work in the workforce. (It's a business book that can be found in the job hunting section of a bookstore). I then came up with my new title for my blog:

"Colors of Life" or "Colors of My Life"

What do you think? Let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Kim's Colors

    Colorful Kim

    Kim's Kaleidoscope

    My Colorful Life

    Color looks funny and wrong if you have to look at it too many times haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are so right! :P I like the Kim's Kaleidoscope! Too many choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are picking between colors of my life or colors of life-I would pick colors of my life. I like Kim's Kaleidoscope too!

    PS I tried to comment yesterday and it kept screwing up.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete