I learned a lesson this week. Always check your receipts. Not just the amount you were charged but the date the receipt expires. Many retail stores now days will have an expiration date when items can be returned or exchanged that were bought on the receipt. Many stores also have the policy that an item cannot be exchanged without a receipt. Some store locations and their managers are more forgiving and don't go by the "rules" of the company.
I had an item that needed exchanged at Hallmark. I bought this for a christmas gift and well didn't use it. I went to the store and they said that the receipt expired on 12/28. Oh man, a week late! I looked at it and sure enough in big letters at the very bottom it stated " This receipt expires 30 days after the purchase date." Oh well. This isn't the first time that has happened to me. I came home and checked 2 more receipts of items that I need to return and they said the same thing or gave an exact date. ( I do still have time for these itmes.)
What makes me mad is that I was going to return the item before christmas but kept putting it off thinking I had lots of time. Well, there is $8.00 down the drain. I'll either keep the item, save it for a birthday gift or sell it in my yard sale. It's cute and specific towards friends. (my camera has a dead battery and I don't have anymore for it or there would be a pic posted.)
Lesson learned: check receipts and don't wait forever to return items.
Happy Shopping!
The other lesson learned... ALWAYS have backup batteries for your camera!!! :) Do you have rechargeable ones?? Two sets of rechargeables solves that problem.
ReplyDeleteLearning lessons is a 'good thing'!
ReplyDeleteAnd take Laura's advice-rechargeable is the way to go.☺
Love you.♥
I know I know...I do have rechargeable ones but they never stay charged. Maybe it's time for a new camera. No, I'm getting a Wii with my tax refund. My camera works just fine.
ReplyDelete