I made my own version of a french bread pizza with chicken and spinach. I decided to try and fix myself lunches and dinners this week with what I already had in my cupboards and refridgerator. I got the idea from a news segment on how to try and save money by using ingredients we already had as most of us have a stock pile of food. I do at least. My mom does too. She could feed an army!
I had chicken,spinach,some cheese and sauce that needed used up. I thought a pizza sounded good but I didn't have a crust. I did however have texas toast in my freezer. So I made my pizza and it was delish! I wonder what I can find for tomorrow. I should have enough food to do this for 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted with my creations as I love to cook!
Bon Appetit`
We had Dad's canned chili for sup sup! That's my kind of cooking.
ReplyDeleteI've seen a lot of blogs that are participating in 'Eat from your pantry' month. They are only buying fresh fruit and milk and things like that and are trying to use up food in their pantry.
Your little pizza looks yummy!
I'll be interested in seeing what all you make.☺
I think Mom and Dad could probably live 6 months from their pantry!
That looks great! It's cool to see the vision from the gym come to reality. Sadly, I don't think I have enough in my pantry right now to live from it... but probably after this weekend I will. :-P
ReplyDeleteI agree, I think Mom and Dad could eat for 6 months!
ReplyDeleteGood idea,Kim! I am trying really hard to keep my grocery bill down too, my pantry is full, but feeding 6 of us, it can go down pretty quickly.
ReplyDeleteahhhh i just make what i want.....you know, go to the FREAKING STORE EVERYDAY and spend lots of money......i am insane....but you already knew that. pizza looks yum.....cant wait for more.
ReplyDelete