Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lent

Well, I decided to do a couple things during the lent season. I know I'm not Catholic, I guess I just try to follow the Lent season anyway. My mom (who isn't Catholic either) kind of did it during years growing up and I guess it stuck with me.

Last year I tried giving up sweets. It didn't last. Not sure why. This year, I'm trying it again. I was going to give up sugar all together but you know how hard that is?? There is sugar in everything. Plus, I have book club today and well, I want some hot chocolate or a latte. I think it's just going to be sweets for me.

I'm trying something else too during lent. I'm going to go to the gym at least 25 of the 40 days of lent. I haven't been so good at going to the gym and well, the money I'm paying is going down the toilet. I figure that's about 4-5 times a week. I lost 3 days this week but I went this morning. I feel pretty good. I'm also going to use this time to be accountable for myself on this blog.

Day 1- Gym 40 minutes, Weight-198.2 ( I lost 1.2 lbs in since last time I weighed, but still not where I was last year at this time (186).

Okay, wish me luck. Time to go make a smoothie for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Go Kimmie, go Kimmie, you can do it, you can do it!!!

    Good luck! Love you.

    ReplyDelete