Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life above ground...

I don't have many readers I'm sure on my blog but I hope that changes someday as I would love to meet new people around the world. The new and improved pen pal!

Anyway, you are probably scratching your head wondering about my title...for those that don't know, I work underground. I don't wear a hard hat, though sometimes I think I should. I do work in an old limestone mine but now that mine has been turned into office and storage space. It's huge. There are many companies and over 2000 people that work there. Many many records are stored there to include old Disney movies.

Two days a week I get to work from home. That perk just started in December of 2009. It is so wonderful because I don't get to see any daylight or sunshine working at my job location unless I take time to walk out of the front entrance and that usually takes 10 minutes.

Today while working from home, I kept noticing the sunshine and then5 minutes later it would disappear. But every time that sunshine came out, I knew. It wasn't that bright today but it caught my eye. It was funny, I emailed my friend Rainey at her work and commented on the sunshine. She said she hardly even noticed it today. It made me think. I was noticing it every time it was out shining today. And she didn't notice. I noticed it because I never see it during the work week. For 3 years I worked everyday underground and never saw the sun only when leaving at the end of the day. During the winter months, I seriously didn't even see daylight that often. Sunshine didn't matter. I just wanted to see daylight.

Where am I going with this story...seeing beauty in everything. The sun caught my eye and magically made me happy. It was beautiful and I noticed it. I thanked God for it. I noticed it because I hardly see it during a work day. I think I'm seeing things differently too these days. I have a feeling it's because of a book I'm reading called, "Captivating". I'll post on the book a little later.

2 comments:

  1. That would be hard-not seeing daylight. But-it makes you appreciate it so much more!

    Glad you get to work from home 2 days a week now.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love sunlight/daylight....not sure i could do what you do...thank goodness for the 2 days at home. i can literally feel the awesomeness that sun gives me when it comes out and the the second it goes in...a small sadness comes to me.

    LOVE YOUR NEW BACKGROUND. its so pretty....so you. love youuuuuuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete