Come on Phil, you just had to see your shadow, didn't you! We had to have 6 more weeks of winter, really! You know as a single person dealing with lots and lots of snow really stinks, especially when you have a big driveway and lots of sidewalk to shovel. My driveway isn't that long just 2 cars wide. I can fit 4 cars easy. Right now, you can only fit 2 cars. With all the snow we have been getting in the past 11 days (per the weather man) it's been a lot to keep it clear. Almost 3 feet to be exact. I seriously have no more room at then end of my driveway. The pile is so high that I can barely get the shovel to the top when I'm tossing the snow away. Even though I love my place, I'm half tempted to get a townshouse somewhere with a parking lot so I don't have to worry about it. My friend Rainey is so lucky to have that!
It's exhausting. I'm exhausted. I'm hurting. Last night when I came home from work, I could barely get in my driveway. I was so mad. I had to get to bible study in a little over an hour. I didn't even make it up my stairs when I got home. I put my stuff in the door and started shoveling. I was so fed up with everything that I started crying. Crying while shoveling snow. Yeah, that was pms. I think I was so mad becuase I spent 3 hours Monday on my day off tring to make my driveway wider. It got half of it done. Now with the 6 more inches we got on Tuesday, part of that is getting filled in again. Just frustrating. I know others are frustrated with the snow too. I feel I need to vent. I am thankful to have a boyfriend in my life right now who does help me with the snow. Unfortunately, he is not able to help all the time. I appreciate when he does. But, I will say that I was a bit sad when I came home from work yesterday, knowing he was off, to a snow covered driveway. I know that it is my job, I guess I was hoping too much. Everytime I hope for things and they don't work out, I shut down and put this wall up. ( I learned that from my woman's bible study I'm in. We are reading Captivating and I recommend for all woman to read!) My wall didn't stay up long. And then he suprised me with dinner. It put a smile on my face to see him.
So really, again...more snow. I'm ready to move south. I say that every winter. It doesn't bother me to have a normal winter but seriously! Well, the weather man just said 4-6 inches more through today and tonight. REALLY?! Good thing I'm working from home tomorrow. I can spend time shoveling once again. Maybe I should invest in a snow blower. Do you know expensive they are, though!
Happy Shoveling...don't hurt yourself.
Oh Kimmie-I feel bad! I wish you could hire someone to help you out. I would probably hate the snow too if I had to deal with the yucky aspects of it. I take a tractor and a plow for granted sometimes!
ReplyDeleteLove you.
ps-just think of all the muscles you are building-but be careful-kay?