Monday, March 1, 2010

Doing well under stress...

Today was a very stressful day for me at work. It started from the moment I got to work. Happy Monday! It seemed as the day went on, the more stressed I was as things kept snowballing. They say things happen in 3's and well today I had 3 things happen that delt with my work. I take pride in my work and they were stupid things that I should have thought about longer before making a decision.

I told myself I wasn't going to fall into the trap of eating sweets. I am an emotional eater and when it comes to stress, I reach for something sweet, mainly chocolate.

I did well not eating anything bad today. I was sighing many, many times today...deep loud sighs. I'm sure everyone was wondering what was going on. By the last hour, I broke. Not in the food department but in the crying department. I hate crying at work but my female friends there have seen me cry a time or two. Today, no one was around except men and I know they knew. They may not have heard my cry but they heard the blowing of the nose. And everyone kept coming to my desk for this or that...ahhh I hated it!

After I got home, I felt better. I ate some dinner (a little more than I should have but I belive that was an emotional decision)and then did a 30 minute workout video. I feel pretty good now. I'm proud of myself for taking control (sort of) of my emotions.

It's hard...I struggle all the time. Tell me how you handle stress. If you have problems posting a comment, (if a red warning comes up that says "comment could not be published" hit the post comment button again and it should go through. I learned that little trick after trying to post comments on my sister's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better dear!

    Do you get to stay home tomorrow? Hope so.

    Love you.

    A hot bath seems to help me relax and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I get to work tomorrow.

    Did Hope get her birthday money and card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. work from home tomorrow is what I meant to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to do a lot of loud sighing at work too when I'm stressed... and grumbling. I don't even realize I'm doing it, but every so often my one co-worker will say "stressful day, Lorraine?" Haha! Woops!

    ReplyDelete