Saturday, March 13, 2010

Inspired

I'm still struggling with my weight loss. Everyday is a battle. I've been inspired by different people recently in my life who are working towards weightloss and being healthy. These individuals have also encouraged me. We all need encouragement. I'm going to talk about a few of them.

First there's Laura. I have recently met her through my friend Rainey. If there is one word that describes her, I would say, inspiring. I've learned that she has been through some tough things in her life and well, now she seems very happy. She is a beautiful person inside and out. She is positive and makes me want to be more positive. I've always considered myself a positive person but something has happened to that in the past 3-4 year. I'm still trying to put my finger on it. She is big on taking care of her health. I like that. She has given up sugar(she is human though and I know has fallen)and has started a couple different exercise regimens. (Couch to 5k and Shred-with Jillian Micheal from Biggest Loser.) She is a full time mom with 2 young kids, leads a bible study, busy with her photography, and I'm sure she has many other things on her plate yet she still finds time to workout. That is inspiring to me.

Then there is Rainey. I've known her now for about 2 years. She's funny, intelligent, beautiful and I'm jealous of her long legs. Even though I'm a bit taller than her, I have short legs and hers are longer. Oh well, God made all of us unique. She loves her chocolate. She also controls her eating/portion sizes. (I just notice things and not crazy) That inspires me. I know it sounds corny but it does. I have a hard time doing that. It is from so much emotional eating throughout my life that when I'm not having an emotional breakdown, I'm still eating too much. I found this out when I started weight watchers and kept track of my food. I get to my points sometimes pretty quickly. She also inspires me with her exercise. She may have some physical ailments but she keeps on going, modifying what she can and can't do.

There are other people in my life that inspire me but the last one I'm going to talk about is my sister Jodie. Let me tell you, the "Bair" girls have struggled with their weight off and on throughout life. I think I was the chubby one from early on. My mom had to buy the "plus size for girls" pants and jeans for me growing up. I hated that. Why does she inspire me? She has lost 32 lbs doing weight watchers and can now run a mile in over 11 minutes. I want to be able to do that! And she has asthma. At least she used to. Who knows, this may have helped it get better. She looks good. She's always been beautiful. She seems to have so much energy and is happy. Amazing what exercise and eating right can do for your self esteem.

I'm not sure why I wanted to write about this. I think seeing and hearing about what they are doing inspires and encourages me to want to do better. I know I can do it. I just haven't figured out why sometimes I make excuses. I feel I'm that queen of excuses and being defensive-but that's another post). I have been doing better at exercising. Probably because I made a promise to myself that during Lent, I would workout at least 25 days during it. Let's see, I need to do 15 more in 22 days, I believe. I hope I can do it.

So who inpires you? And they can inspire you about anything not just health and exercise. Write about it on your blog, facebook page or in my comments section. I'd like to know!

4 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Kim! :-) Although, I will let you in on a little secret. My portion control has to do more with the fact that sometimes if I eat more, I feel like I'll explode, so I just will myself to stop. :-P I do have a bit of a problem with snacking (on chocolate, of course). Hehe, so no one is perfect. Keep it up kiddo! You inspire me too! You've lost a lot of weight overall too and you need to remember that! You can do it because you've done it before. Gaining a few pounds here and there does not negate the fact that you have lost a lot of weight in the past couple years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim! You are too kind. You make me sound like superwoman and I am faaaar from it. :)

    I was a bit negative for a while not too long ago and ya know what... I realized that I didn't have to figure out what made me start being negative. I just needed to start being more positive again. We don't always have to understand why we are the way we are in order to start the change. We just have to start the change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get inspired by looking at blogs and such. I'm a person who needs inspiration to get me to do stuff!

    ReplyDelete