Sunday, September 26, 2010

Less is more.

I'm a complex individual when it comes to my emotions, feelings and stuff I like. So I want to try and live simply. When I mean live, I mean stuff I own and my living space. I tried this probably several years ago and well it didn't last. When I moved into my apartment, I had alot of living space and closet space. That's what I wanted. I started to fill up my closets and wall space and built-ins that I had. Some people have an eye for decorating with lots of stuff...like my sister Holly. She has such an eye for what goes together. It looks lovely in her home. I on the other hand realized, I just didn't have an eye for making lots of different things go together when I cam to decorating. It just looked, well cluttered. I just didn't feel relaxed all the time.

I had an indoor yard sale this year and got rid of alot of stuff. But what didn't sell, I kept for another one next year. The crap then just kept piling up again because well, I was moving stuff around. Wanted to make my decorations more simpler.

So, I went through my "yard sale stuff" and got rid of the stuff that just haven't sold from other years I had a yard sale. (yeah I'm one of those that keep the crap from year to year). I gave 4 big black garbage bags of to goodwill, along with a box of sutff, some smaller bags, an artifical christmas tree (6.5 feet-huge and I don't need that when I'm single),a wrapping paper storage container (as I had another one that I used) and an older vaccum. It works but not that good so I bought a new one. I needed to because of my allergies. I also got rid of 4 shopping bags of clothes in a month to the consignment shop in town. I've been a member there for years and have made money. It's great because sometimes I buy some clothes there and they just take the money out of my account. I still probably make around $80-$100 a year.

My living space just looks more simple. I feel more relaxed. It will be a work in progress though. Here are some before and afters. I still have sentimental things like stuff people made. My pics are going to go into a scrapbook someday that I had on my walls and on my shelves. I still have some things left put away but I may end up giving that away too.



3 comments:

  1. Those flowers look great! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great motto to live by ... less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place always looks pretty, Kimmie! Love those decals. Did they come from Ikea? Sometimes REALLY taking a good look at your space and rearranging or getting rid of stuff that it is no longer pleasing to your eye really makes you feel good!

    ReplyDelete