Thursday, September 23, 2010

Something New

My beautiful sister Holly made a yarn wreath and posted it on her blog a few weeks ago. I wanted to make one myself. I started it about 3 weeks ago. When she was at my house the last weekend with my mom she picked it up and finished it. I sure didn't stop her becuase she's better at stuff like that than me. I love that she takes care of me!

Isn't pretty? All ready for fall. I love the flower rosettas she made for it.

My mom has been wondering when I was going to post this...it's been almost two weeks. I guess if she had a computer she would have read my post on slogging and understand why I don't post every day. Hehe. Well here we are clowning around. Mom was trying to hide from the camera but I got her. I guess she can't get mad at me...she does't have a computer. Holly, don't you tell. J/K.

5 comments:

  1. Teehee-you called me beautiful. :)

    I LOVE that wreath Kimmie!

    That's cute of Mom.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are. I know I love the wreath too. I want to make another one. I know...I love that pic of mom. She never smiles when she gets her pic taken when she knows about it because she hates her teeth...but she has such a pretty and cute smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This IS a cute wreath! What I want to know is how she made the flowers.

    Holly... have you ever posted that on your blog by chance??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura-yes, it's on there somewhere. But here's a link to the tutorial I used.

    http://madebythemamamonster.blogspot.com/2009/09/see-im-not-totally-worthless.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link Holly! I'm going to have to go dig out my scrap fabric and give it a try. I have a little idea I want to try. :)

    ReplyDelete