Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chin up

No I don't mean what your gym teacher made you do in high school (which I could never do). I mean when you are sad about something not going your way to think positive and look up. Look at what may be in store on the horizon.

Recently I applied for a promotion at work and today I found out that I was passed up on it. It wouldn't be so bad if I had an interview and then turned down but I didn't even quality for an interview. That's what bugs me. Depending on how many apply for the position depends on if you are even eligible for an interview. Ahh it's a complicated process and while I would love to explain it to you I don't always understand it myself. It's a long process and can get cut throat sometimes.
People can get bitter and just be mad at work too. I just want to say, be thankful you have a good paying, secure and might I add cushy job. Because well frankly, we do. I refuse to let myself be that way. I'm happy for those that I work with that can move up in their career, but yet it is bitter-sweet.

Today, I was bummed. The more I thought about things, the worse it got. But then I realized that even though this job would have given me a $10,000 pay increase and shift differential to star, I would have had to work a 3-11:30pm shift every other day (I work from home every other day now) and I would have probably been more tired, missed zumba every other week (and I hate the thought of that) and well it just would be been more complicated schedule. Plus driving late at night in the winter is not my cup of tea. I just see that in the long run it is a blessing and that God has something even better for me on the horizon. Sure the money would have been great. Get out of that stinkin' debt faster but there is something better. I don't know what it is yet but it's coming. So chin up. It could be worse. I am blessed with the great job I have now, even if it does give me headaches more often than not.

2 comments:

  1. Yep-as Charlotte said to Wilbur-chin up!

    Love your attitude!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...I love Charlotte's Web!

    ReplyDelete