Thursday, October 14, 2010

Summer's End

Ahh...the taste of summer is coming to an end and fall is beginning. I will miss you summer. I will say I thought that fall was my favorite time of year but I have realized that there is something special about each season that I love. I don't think I could ever live where I didn't have the 4 seasons...no not the hotel chain...

I will miss every Wednesday at work where we had a farmers market with a few local greenhouses and farmers that would bring produce to sell. I loved it.

Nothing beats fresh summer produce. Berries, peppers, etc. Those black berries were so so good!

Mmm...I made stuffed peppers. Oh how I love stuffed peppers in the summer. Slow cook them in the crock pot so you don't heat up your house with the stove or oven. Yummo. Stuffed the mild banana ones with hot sausage.

No more bees. I like the honey and bumble bees but do not like the yellow jackets! Every once in a while I will see a half dead bee or even fly in my house and I think "where did you come from?" Then I have to kill it.

And then the flowers die. I love flowers! They make me smile. This is really my last lonely one that still looks pretty good. It won't though in about a day or two.

But my favorite thing of all summer is...flip flips. I hate shoes and socks! But I love boots for the fall and winter! I know I'm a weirdo.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm-those stuffed peppers look yummy!

    You brought flowers in. Yay!!!

    Love you weirdo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fresh produce looks great! I'm not a stuffed pepper fan, but they look good too!

    I also love something about each season. Even winter ... if I think really hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already miss flip flooooops. :(

    But I loooove jeans and a sweatshirt. :)

    ReplyDelete